The air quality staff at RK & Associates, Inc. (RKA) is experienced in providing field monitoring and data acquisition, state and federal regulatory compliance evaluations, preparation of air emission permit applications, emission inventory development, development of emission reduction techniques, source impact dispersion modeling, air pollution control engineering, Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) services, Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs), environmental assessments (EAs), risk assessments and regional air quality planning.
- State construction and operating permit applications
- Permit negotiations
- Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) Review
- New Source Review (NSR)
- Title V permit application and negotiations
- Title III MACT review
- Process safety management
- 112 (r) requirements
- Air pollution control system design, procurement and installation
- Ambient air monitoring
- Odor characterization
- Dispersion modeling
- Development of emissions testing, control technology evaluation, and permitting strategy for a grain ethanol plant to meet permitted emissions limitations and minimize odors.
- PSD permit application for a sulfur and particulate removal system, silicon carbide manufacturing facility, Illinois.
- New source review, Illinois oil refinery.
- Title V operating permit application for sewerage district, Wisconsin.
- Title V permit application for several Illinois lithographic and flexographic printing facilities.
- Permitting activities for two mid-sized steel mills.
- Hazardous air pollutant analysis for a steel manufacturer.
- Title V permit application for an Illinois airline maintenance facility.
- Compliance assistance for several printing and coating operations for Illinois facilities.
- NOx control technology assessment for an ABS manufacturing facility.
- VOM control system design/procurement/installation for an electronic manufacturing facility.
- Chemical scrubber design for an emission control application, Illinois chemical manufacturing plant.
- Dispersion modeling using standard models such as AERMOD and accidental spill models for estimating off site air emissions and odor impacts.
- Annual emission reports and SARA reporting services for various industrial facilities.